Central Coating offers Mil Spec and CARC painting services for military equipment.
- Mil Spec top coat finishes include: MIL-DTL-64159, MIL-PRF-22750, and MIL-C-85285 among others.
- Central handles Substrates such as plated plastic asnd metal parts including aluminum and steel.
- Chemical Agent Resistant Coating or CARC paint is specified for use on tactical military equipment, including ground, aviation, munitions and related support equipment. It is used for the ability to withstand the harsh chemicals used in the decontamination process.
We are qualified to apply both Mil Spec primer and CARC coating through our painting services.
Military Specification CARC
Military Specification MIL-P-53030
Coating Description Water borne, air-drying, corrosion inhibiting, epoxy primer for pretreatment of ferrous and non-ferrous metal substrates. This primer is lead and chromate free and is compatible with Chemical Agent Resistant Coating (CARC coating) aliphatic polyurethane topcoats. The primer is intended for use on clean, chemically pretreated metal surfaces. It is a water reducible epoxy primer and contains no more than 2.8 pounds/gallon (340 grams/liter) of volatile organic compounds (VOC).
Military Specification MIL-DTL-64159 Type I and Type II
Coating Description Water borne chemical agent resistant coating (CARC coating) aliphatic polyurethane used as a finish coat on military tactical equipment. This coating is lead chromate and hazardous air pollutants (HAPS) Free and has maximum volatile organic compound (VOC) content of 1.8 pounds/gallon (220 grams/liter).
The coating is available in one of the following FED-STD-595 colors
- Green 383, 34094
- Black, 37030
- Brown 383, 30051
- Tan 686A, 33446
- Aircraft Green, 34031
- Aircraft Gray, 36300
Central Coating offers Mil Spec CARC painting services.
- Water borne Mil Spec primer (MIL-P-53030) and CARC paint (MIL-DTL-64159)
- Water borne primer and CARC offer:
- Smoother surface finish, increased hardness and resistance to scratching and scuffing.
- Significant environmental benefits for the water borne primer and CARC paint. Both are free of hazardous air pollutants (HAPS), lead and chromate, and are low in VOC.
For more information on application of mil spec primer (MIL-P-53030) and CARC paint (MIL-DTL-64159) through our Mil Spec CARC painting services please contact us.